- Emergency Care for Older AdultsBe prepared -- even for the unexpected. Learn how to avoid pitfalls that abound in every emergency room. Gain valuable insights into proper use of emergency rooms. Do I need to go or will urgent care or an office visit suffice? Preparation and knowledge = empowerment.View Topics»
- Enhancing CaregivingGet best practice information. Find edgy care controversies and against-the-grain approaches. The audience: Home centered CAREGIVERS of all kinds including paid caregivers and loved ones; Home Health & Hospice RN's; and allied professionals such as dieticians and physical therapists. Practitioners who crave accurate & thought-provoking geriatric care info such as MD's, DO's, NP's, ND's, PA's and students will also find EKP a go-to site. EKP offers something for everyone involved in the care of those who live at home or in adult, assisted living or nursing homes.View Topics»
- Making NoiseEndless Knot Press makes waves. We address controversial health issues that matter to baby boomers and the elderly. Our goal: To produce eye-opening & cutting-edge content on issues relevant to the frail and chronically ill. And when it comes to improving care for all older adults, we will surely spin a few noisemakers!View Topics»
- Mind Body SoulModern medical practice seems focused on pills and diagnostic tests rather than caring for the whole person. Little things matter most. Those who suffer from chronic illness may be better served by prescriptions such as remaining engaged creatively and socially, retaining dignity, hope and "personhood," finding purpose in the declining years, and spiritual discussion and fulfillment. Excellent care of aging adults rests on more than just a diaper change, a bland meal, and a handful of pills. It's about Quality of Life! Endless Knot Press aims to change the medical status quo by offering creative alternatives to nourishing mind, body and soul.View Topics»
- Older Adult NutritionLike Flowers, our bodies wilt. Our nutrition needs change as we age just like our tastes change. Have you noticed? Learn unique and put-to-use approaches to feeding our morphing bodies. From baby boomers getting into their groove to elders living in supervised care -- EKP offers nutritional words for the wise.View Topics»
Boom ER Book
Emergency room care expert Robert Derlet, MD and experienced aging care physician Joel Cohen, MD offer priceless insights and insider tips on how emergency care and hospital treatment, while well-meaning, harms older adults – particularly frail elderly. Buy The Book
Welcome to Endless Knot Press
Endless Knot Press is a new publishing company with a bold mission:
- Refocus elder care on quality of life and meaningful living
- Create content that educates and enables caregivers to best meet complex needs of frail elderly such as medical, nutritional, creative, life meaning, spiritual
- Empower Baby Boomers to live their golden years healthier and happier
How is Endless Knot Press Unique?The publisher and senior editor is a physician who practices geriatric medicine and keenly understands the medical, nutritional and spiritual needs of older adults. Care of aging adults has become focused on drug prescribing and test ordering, often neglecting person-centered care. Our words for the wise will refocus on topics that are most important to Baby Boomers and older adults:
- Quality of life and attaining purpose and meaning in our lives.
- Understanding changing nutrition needs of aging adults with practical guidance.
- Spiritual fulfillment and creative engagement in the last few years of life.
- De-medicalizing care of older adults. More handholding. Fewer prescriptions to help reduce brain fog that saps quality of life from frail elders.
- Getting elders to exercise -- even in a wheelchair or hospital bed!
- Expert advice on how to get quality emergency room or urgent care and reduce avoidable hospital admissions. The hospital can be a danger zone for older folks.