Endless Knot Press (EKP) is an independent publisher with unique expertise in all concerns aging. What sets us apart from other health publishers? Our Publisher and Senior Editor, Joel Cohen MD, has a highly regarded house call practice in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona. Dr. Cohen has cared for complex, frail older adults and the disabled for nearly a decade. Through daily interactions with elderly patients and their families, he has identified many areas of care in need of improvement. For example:
- Changing nutrition needs in Baby Boomers & older adults.
- Helping aging adults find meaning in their life.
- Improving quality of life in the elderly through enhanced creative and social activity engagement.
- Reducing rampant over-medication and its serious side effects
- It is time to end high-tech, low talk medical care. We must use the forgotten tools of medical care: compassion, communication and hand-holding.
- We have few cures for chronic diseases. Piling on the pills is not always a panacea for the ails of elders. We should promote vitality during the aging years and help elders retain their personhood, dignity and independence.
- Encouraging patients to exercise daily even if they do so from the bed or wheelchair.
A sampling of products we will be developing:
- Print books
- Quik-Ebooks™: Short & sweet, hard-hitting and relevant topics
- Multimedia and print content to help enhance quality of life of frail elders
- Print and other products that fill gaps in quality of care for frail folks
Why the name “Endless Knot” Press? Simply, the endless knot is a Buddhist symbol for boundless wisdom and compassion — two words relevant to concerns of aging and caring for older adults.
Another word that is crucial to aging: Adapting. Aging well requires adaptation to significant changes in life and functional losses.
Who Should be Checking for Info on the Endlessknotpress.com Web Site?
- Businesses that care for the elderly:
- Assisted living facilities
- Adult care homes
- Nursing homes
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Adult day care centers
- Community centers
- Organizations that represent the older adult population can enhance membership benefits by offering our future products.
- Health care professionals such as nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, doctors, students, dieticians, and physical therapists who care for the elderly
- Caregivers (paid or loved ones) of those who have chronic ailments like dementia, heart failure, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, emphysema and many other progressive diseases
- Baby Boomers who seek deeper understanding of and cutting edge info on aging well.
Endless Knot Press, LLC
PO Box 7904
Cave Creek, AZ 85327, USA