Endless Knot Press (EKP)Â is an independent publisher with unique expertiseÂ in allÂ concerns aging. What sets us apart from other health publishers?Â Our Publisher and Senior Editor, Joel Cohen MD, has a highly regardedÂ house call practice in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona.Â Dr. CohenÂ hasÂ cared forÂ complex, frailÂ older adults and the disabled for nearly a decade.Â Through daily interactions with elderly patients and theirÂ families, he hasÂ identified many areas of careÂ in need ofÂ improvement. For example:
- Changing nutrition needsÂ in Baby Boomers &Â older adults.
- Helping aging adults find meaning in their life.
- Improving quality of life in the elderly through enhanced creative and social activity engagement.
- Reducing rampantÂ over-medication and its seriousÂ side effects
- It is time toÂ end high-tech, low talk medical care. We mustÂ use the forgotten tools of medical care:Â compassion, communication and hand-holding.
- We have few cures for chronic diseases.Â Piling on theÂ pillsÂ is not always aÂ panacea for theÂ ails of elders. We should promote vitality during the aging years andÂ help elders retain their personhood, dignityÂ and independence.
- Encouraging patients to exercise daily even if they do so from the bed or wheelchair.
A sampling of productsÂ weÂ will be developing:
- Print books
- Quik-Ebooksâ„¢: Short & sweet, hard-hitting and relevant topics
- Multimedia and printÂ content to help enhance quality of life of frail elders
- Print and other productsÂ that fill gaps in quality of care for frail folks
Why the nameÂ “Endless Knot”Â Press?Â Simply, the endless knot is a Buddhist symbolÂ for boundless wisdom and compassion — twoÂ words relevant to concerns of aging andÂ caring for older adults.
Another word that is crucial to aging: Adapting. Aging wellÂ requires adaptation to significant changes in life and functionalÂ losses.
Who Should be Checking for Info on the Endlessknotpress.com Web Site?
- Businesses that care for the elderly:
- Assisted living facilities
- Adult care homes
- Nursing homes
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Adult day care centers
- Community centers
- Organizations that represent the older adult population canÂ enhance membership benefits by offering our future products.
- Health care professionals such as nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, doctors, students, dieticians, and physical therapists who care for the elderly
- Caregivers (paid or loved ones)Â of those who have chronic ailments like dementia, heart failure, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, emphysema and many otherÂ progressive diseases
- Baby Boomers whoÂ seekÂ deeper understanding of andÂ cutting edge info on aging well.
Endless Knot Press, LLC
PO Box 7904
Cave Creek, AZ 85327,Â USA